Thursday, April 10, 2008

Totinos...

Somehow, there's something about Totinos pizzas, as un-pizza-like as they are, that I occasionally cannot resist. I've been trying to eat more healthful food lately (last night I had asparagus AND salad) but tonight I was feeling a little lazy, and the pepperoni Totinos lurking in the back of the freezer sounded perfect. So I went for a walk while the oven was preheating, and then sat on the kitchen counter and ate a salad while the "pizza" was baking. It emerged from the oven, the usual shade of orangey-yellow, with the prerequisite crispy crust and soggy middle that seems to happen every time. I happily sliced it up, carried it upstairs, and ate it at the computer, savoring the bits of pepperoni while I read Orangette's blog, and pretended I was eating something much more exotic. Then I decided that maybe I would try a blog of my own, so here goes. I titled it Books and Baking since I couldn't really think of what to call it, and those are two of my favorite things. Maybe I really will post about books and baking. Or maybe I'll post about how I'm avoiding the laundry and eating food that I probably shouldn't. (Note: after Marshall pointed out that there was another blog called Baking and Books, I decided to change the title to The Bibliophile Baker, which pretty much gets the point across, while remaining a bit more unique.)

No comments: