Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hiatus


The blogging thing has felt like more of a chore to me than anything else lately. So I think I'm gonna give it a break. I may pick it up again, I may post recipes or book reviews here and there, but for now, don't count on new posts!

If you're looking for other food blogs to read, I really enjoy Orangette, The Wednesday Chef, and Everybody Likes Sandwiches.

Or if you're looking for book reviews, I recommend Goodreads, it's really easy to create a profile and then review/read other reviews of books.

My latest book recommend, by the way, is A Homemade Life, by Molly Wizenberg, the genius behind the aforementioned Orangette. A Homemade Life is basically a collection of essays, similar to her blogposts, that chronicle Molly's journey through childhood, adolescence, the death of her father, and the meeting and marrying of her husband. Food has always been integral in her life (she even met her husband through her blog!) and so each chapter involves a description of foods that she remembers being enjoyed at various points of her life. At the end of each chapter is a recipe--some of which sound completely delicious! I highly recommend the book, and some of the recipes! Her lemon yogurt cake has become a staple of mine.

Good reading and eating!

No comments: