Sunday, May 10, 2009

Confessions of a TV Addict


I have a confession to make. I haven't read in almost 2 weeks. I made 3 birthday cakes--but forgot to take pictures of any of them.

They were delicious though: one cherry garcia chocolate cake (mentioned in the last post), one blackberry-lemon yogurt cake, and one vanilla pound cake with chocolate ganache. I'm pretty sure the blackberry-lemon cake was the best, but you'll just have to use your imaginations because I have no pictures to prove their deliciousness. Well, not that pictures can really prove taste anyway, but I feel that pictures help at least.

There is one reason, and only one, for all my distractedness/ lack of reading attention span. It's called Battlestar Galactica. I love love love love love it. I have no qualms with admitting that I am completely addicted. In the last 3 weeks Noel and I have watched more than 30 episodes of it!

In case you haven't ever watched it, the basic plot is this: humans created Cylons (robots) who rebelled against them, and launched a nuclear attack which wiped out all but about 50,000 people. These people are in a fleet of spaceships, attempting to evade the Cylons, under the protection of the Battlestar Galactica.

Oddly enough, when I type it out that way, it looks ridiculous. But I promise that it's not really about the aliens, or the spaceships. It's about the struggles of the humans attempting to survive: their alliances, their problems, their struggles, their attempts to survive. And plus, I'm kind of in love with one of the Viper fighter pilots! So anyway, at some point I may read a book again, or remember to take pictures of something I baked, but in the meantime I still have forty-odd episodes of Battlestar Galactica to enjoy. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Noel said...

We all know she just likes Captain Adama.

Meghan said...

Dude...if that is Captain Adama, I completely understand why. Hotness!!

How Jess Reads said...

I kind of have to put up a couch pillow as a barrier so Noel can't see me admiring Adama's hotness! :)