Sunday, March 29, 2009

Superfluous Lemon Bar Pictures


I realize that just the other day I said that more lemon bar pictures would be redundant, but I forgot that I took these. And I just couldn't let such luscious pictures go to waste! I do have a handy suggestion though, which justifies the superfluousness (superfluosity?). Follow the lemon bar recipe that I gave before, but substitute lime juice and lime zest for 1/3 of the lemon juice and lemon zest. It looks a little creepy at first with the lime zest, like tons of tiny caterpillars in your lemon curd, but once it bakes you can't see the green bits anymore, and it adds a nice zinginess to the lemon bars that lemon juice and zest alone doesn't add. So enjoy looking at these pictures (careful not to drool on your keyboard)--I hope they inspire you to make some lemon bars of your own!

No comments: