Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two Years?!? Really?!?


So yes, we've been married for two years. Well technically two years and one day, which is craaaazy. Time really does fly when you're having fun!

We decided for our anniversary to buy useful sorts of things, and then just go out to dinner a couple of times instead of taking a trip or anything. So we bought a grill for Noel, and today we just bought a stand mixer for me!!!! I'm so completely and totally excited....expect lots of fun new baked items soon! (At first I put "fun new naked items" but I think I'll stick to talking about baked items, or else I'll make Noel blush...)

Anyway, last night we went to Buddy's, since it's the first sit-down sort of place to open in Rita Ranch, except for the horrible Casa Bonita....and sadly, Buddy's followed the Rita-Ranch-has-no-good-restaurants trend, it was a definite thumbs down!

Tonight we went to 1702, a pizza place by campus that we'd heard good things about---and yeah, the slice of pizza was about a foot square. It was a tad bit difficult to actually eat, but quite delicious, and pretty darn cheap!

And then tomorrow is the fancy schmancy night...we're going to Melting Pot, which we've also heard good things about. I haven't had real fondue in years, so my hopes are high!

But yay for marriage, and for marriage anniversaries, and my funny, loveable husband, and my shiny new stand mixer, and wonderful excuses for splurging a little!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right -- I am blushing about fun new naked items --- that sounds fun, but probably better posted on a different blog.